- BS, Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Humacao Campus, 1994
- DMD, University of Puerto Rico, Medical Science Campus, 2001
- Periodontics Residency, University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, 2005
- Masters of Science, Oral Biology Graduate School, University of Maryland, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, 2008
- Clinical Assistant Professor at University of Maryland
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
Dr. Keyla I. Torres is a Board Certified Periodontist with a dual training in Periodontics and Prosthodontics. Her passion for dental surgery has led her to limit her practice to Periodontics and Implant Surgery. She is committed to excellence in providing comprehensive periodontal therapy, implant dentistry and cosmetic periodontal surgery while continuing to expand her knowledge through ongoing continuing education.
She has ample experience in the placement and restoration of dental implants, including full mouth reconstruction. Her extensive surgical training that includes all aspects of soft and hard tissue grafting techniques to create the optimal aesthetic results and proper support for dental implants.
Committed to education, Dr. Torres is part of the Dean Faculty, as an assistant clinical professor at the University of Maryland, Periodontics Department, where she actively trains residents in both Periodontics and Implant Periodontal Prosthetics.
Dr. Torres shows her dedication to dental care and community service by her participation in voluntary missions in Puerto Rico and United States. When she is not practicing dentistry, Dr. Torres enjoys spending time with her husband and her family.