Joseph E. Rusz, Jr., D.D.S.
Master, Academy of General Dentistry and Diplomate, American Board of General Dentistry
- B.A. Biology with Distinction, University of Virginia
- D.D.S., Medical College of Virginia of VCU School of Dentistry - 1982
- Certificate, Comprehensive Dentistry Residency, Naval Dental School, Bethesda - 1990
- Program Director, Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency (AEGD-1), Norfolk, Virginia
- Program Director, Advanced Clinical Program in General Dentistry, Norfolk, Virginia
- Program Director, Comprehensive Dentistry Residency (AEGD-2), NPDS, Bethesda, Maryland
- Completed 30 years active duty military service
- Diplomate, American Board of General Dentistry
- Diplomate, Federal Services Board of General Dentistry
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry - 1992
- Master, Academy of General Dentistry - 2000
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Adjunct Professor, Naval Postgraduate Dental School, Walter Reed NMMC, Bethesda
- NPDS Seminar of Restorative Dentistry
- Volunteer, Northern Virginia Dental Clinic (providing services to low income community)
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
|Dr. Joe Rusz is a Northern Virginia native. He was born in Washington, D.C., raised in McLean, Virginia and graduated from Langley High School. Dr. Rusz attended the University of Virginia earning a B.A. in Biology, followed by the Medical College of Virginia of VCU School of Dentistry earning a Degree in Dentistry in 1982. Dr. Rusz was commissioned in the U.S. Navy and served a variety of assignments, including a sea tour with the USS JOHN F KENNEDY (CV-67) aircraft carrier, shore tours with the Submarine Base, New London CT, the Fleet Combat Training Center- Dam Neck VA, the Fleet Marine Force, 2nd Dental Battalion, Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, NC, and three years as an Exchange Officer with the Royal Navy in Portsmouth England. Dr. Rusz completed a residency program in Comprehensive Dentistry, and subsequently served ten years of his active duty in various full-time teaching positions, including Program Director of the two-year Comprehensive Dentistry Residency Program at the Naval Postgraduate Dental School, Bethesda MD, and service as Specialty Advisor to the Navy Surgeon General for General Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Rusz made four deployments with the USNS COMFORT (TAH-20) hospital ship during his career. Especially memorable was his final deployment in 2007 with the "Partnership for the Americas" humanitarian assistance mission where he led a large dental team to 12 Central and South American countries over five months. His final active duty tour was served in clinical and leadership roles at the Pentagon Tri-Service Dental Clinic. |
For over 30 years, Dr. Rusz has pursued excellence through clinical practice, teaching and lifelong learning. His genuine passion for the study and clinical practice of dentistry compliments his personal goal to provide the absolute best, most up-to-date comprehensive dental care for his patients in the most comfortable and relaxed atmosphere possible. He believes that compassion and skill go hand in hand in providing exceptional patient care, and that the Fusion Dental-Reston multi-specialty practice model provides the ideal environment to achieve his goal of optimum oral health, function and aesthetics for his patients.
Dr. Rusz and his wife Kindra reside in Oak Hill, Virginia and have one son, Joey. Dr. Rusz's hobbies include travel, reading, golf and fishing.